Saturday, November 17, 2012

Dang I'm good at avoiding things

It's been a long time since I last posted. This can be excusable if my blog had been going on for a long time, but having only a few posts under my belt it's understandable if I lose my less serious followers....ok, I'm sure I'm just writing this for 2-3 people anyways, but they can be serious.

Here's my 4 picture update of what I have been up to since my last post. 

Parents and Nan visit Xavier.


Nina with Xavier in Utah


Someone else with Xavier in Colorado

Me on my marathon with a cute bandit


These pictures don't do my busy life justice. I still need a picture that represents my swim lesson, my new co-teacher, some church responsibilities, some injuries, homework, and a lack of motivation.

Now let's address the title of my blog.
Food - Someone else has been amazing at food lately. We are knee deep in winter vegies and I am totally loving it. They make for great leftovers and my lunches have been incredibly fulfilling.  What are some examples you ask....I don't know, but they taste good!

Avoidance - Against my own wishes I have been avoiding exercise in all it's forms. This is going to change soon. Other than that I'm continuing my usual practice of trying to avoid anything that falls under the category of responsibility. Although I'm not always successful at that. Here are two branches of the avoidance category:
  1. Unintentional avoidance - This is one of my favorite things. Even more favorite than regular ole' avoidance. This is when I have actually chosen NOT to avoid something, but right before I'm about to jump in, something happens and I'm set free of my obligations! What a gift! Recently a good friend of mine asked for some help with her kitchen. She was going to have a contractor come over to lead a team of ragtag wannabe handymen in remodeling her kitchen. I was very happy to help, even sort of looking forward to it. However, when I got the email that the contractor had backed out, my heart lifted and my soul cheered! I had done the right thing and agreed to sacrifice a Saturday to help a friend, and my reward was getting my Saturday to do what I want. It instantly reminded me of one of my favorite George Costanza quotes: "I don't think I've ever been to an appointment in my life where I wanted the other guy to show up." I hear you George.  
  2. Unavoidance - One of the things I have done a good job at avoiding for most my days has been reading my scriptures. It's very easy to avoid this. Scriptures are long, kinda boring, difficult to read, and not immediately applicable to my job (which is what I do most of my reading for). Despite all these things, I have been reading my scriptures every morning for the past week! Unavoidance at it's finest.

Running - I will not be running anytime soon. I have some lingering injuries that I fear will only get worse if I try to do any sort of running in the near future. I'm going to take advantage of my YMCA membership and hit the pool, weight room, elliptical and row machine in an effort to maintain my running stamina and keep myself feeling good.

Well that's all for now. Recently I hit a sort of low in my mood towards life. The mood was best represented by this video.

That was short lived though, as most of my bummer moods are, and I'm back feeling like this.


 How are you feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment