After I start thinking about The Tick, I inevitably start thinking about The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight. He is one of the greatest villains of all time...even if he never actually did much villainy and was disposed of in one night. Here's the whole glorious episode. Watch it and love it.
Why am I posting about The Tick only one post after I talked about my new baby boy Xavier? Well, because it's my blog and I can talk about whatever I want!
As I was putting the dishes away today I said to myself (as I say quite often) "...hmm...we use a lot of spoons." After thinking about spoons you can guess where my mind went next [to The Tick of course]. Luckily, today is a blog day and I am in the rare occasion were I actually get to blog about a though/idea/event that is still in my mind. Yay for me!
Here's another thing that happened today. I discovered a new ridiculous thing! It came while buying a well deserved spoil for someone else.
Have you been in the cookie isle at the grocery store lately? Have you been around the constantly increasing "oreo" section? Well, they have a new ridiculous thing: The triple-double!
No longer will kids think of basketball prowess when some utters triple-double. Nope, the sugar-food industry has hijacked that term and forever changed the future.
There are a couple reasons why this is ridiculous. The most obvious reason is the increase in sugar/fat that comes with this cookie. But to that I say so what, it's not like the cookie was dancing the line between healthy snack and unhealthy indulgence, it's always been what it is. But what's really ridiculous about this cookie is that.....it's......nearly perfect! Every kid in this country has, at one point, disassembled a standard oreo and reassembled it to fit his/her needs. Nabisco has tapped into this desire and given us all sorts of goodies: double stuff, chocolate, fudge covered, golden, mint (yuck), etc. This new creation is just the natural evolution of that practice. Cudos nabisco, you may be producing delicious, slow acting poison, but at least your listening to our wants while you're doing it.
Have you tried this cookies yet? Did you watch the full episode of The Tick? Do you want more pictures of cute Xavier? I know the answer to one of those so here you go.
![]() |
| He weighs over 9 lbs now! |
![]() |
| So tired & so cute. |
Keep an eye our for a future post on music. I'm in the process of creating a play-list for a friend who is moving away. I'm going to fill it with songs that remind me of transition times in my life. Do you have any songs that come from a transition time in your life? Tell me about it.



No comments:
Post a Comment