I decided to make biscotti. It's one of my most favorite things to make and eat. I love it. And wouldn't you know, the NY Times very recently had some new biscotti recipes to try! What luck! I even had a family who I had in mind to be the beneficiary of my baking. One of the people in the family is not eating gluten right now. Normally this would be a problem for biscotti making but not today, there are two recipes on the NY Times page that are gluten free. I chose this one. It seemed harmless.....I was wrong. It's bitter, crumbly (not in the good way), gritty, and just plain bad. They are touted as healthy. Well, I sure won't be eating many of them, that's healthy. But I am going to cover them in chocolate in an effort to salvage something. I won't be delivering them tonight. By the time I'm done with the chocolate it will be too late. If the chocolate doesn't save them I will have to make some more tomorrow and bring them over.
Oh well. Here's one of my favorite videos to cheer me up!
Tomorrow I have to write a speech and give it to myself. What should my speech topic be?
No comments:
Post a Comment