| There they are! |
This past Saturday someone else and I thought it might be fun to go to a cheese farm somewhere in Vermont or New Hampshire. We have fun relatives up there and a day trip to one of those slender states seemed very appropriate. Long story medium, we ended up ditching the cheese farm for some raspberry picking with my parents.
The raspberries were great, the farm was nice, the sun was shinning, and we had a great time. My father even tried a fresh raspberry for the first time (his claim, not mine) and seemed to enjoy it.
After the raspberries we found a mini golf place and putted around for a little bit!
![]() |
| Here is my fathers funny stance. |
| Here I am, mocking my fathers funny stance. |
![]() |
| Here is my father saying "Well, I have 2 holes-in-one and I'm winning by 10 so maybe my stance isn't so funny!" |
This is your dry description of the day with some fun pictures. Now let me tell you how great my parents are. We had not planned this day in advance, but they eagerly sped two hours away to spend the day and spoil us with good times that we normally could not afford on our own. They are constantly providing us with treats and essentials to help make our lives easier - well, not only provide, but INSIST on providing even when we try to take the noble way out and pay for things on our own. Aside from their deep pockets, they are super fun to be around, are super supportive of any decision that I or someone else makes, are always excited to see us, and would drop anything at a moments' notice to help us out...
Alas, they can never know of my appreciation for all they do for me, for to let it slip would severely compromise the delicate, sarcastic-based, quick-witted relationship we have. My only strategy is to continue publicly disapproving of their generosity in the same way I continue not smiling for their pictures, and thus maintain the delicate balance holding our relationship in tact.


No comments:
Post a Comment