Friday, June 15, 2012

Finally, a well deserved meal!

Don't worry friends and family, I am eating well. Today, for the first time in over 2 weeks I went for a run. Why the hiatus you ask? I had diagnosed myself with some shin pain a while back and I wanted to make sure I was up to par before I start my marathon training. And now 342 words on running.

Running is the absolute best. Exercise in general is great, and whatever gets you moving is wonderful...but running trumps all other forms of exercise hands down. "But J, what about traditional sports like soccer or basketball?" Well, those are great, but they're not the best. Besides, the best part about those sports is the running (certainly not the tattoos...yes basketball, I'm talking to you). Running is in our blood, it's in our genes. It can be done every day by everyone everywhere. Traditional sports usually need some sort of apparatus and other people -- both of which can be in short supply on a moments notice. Basketball needs a basket and a ball. Soccer needs a goal, a ball, and some Europeans to enjoy watching it. These things are not always easy to come by (has anyone ever even seen a European?) and can be limiting. Running, once accepted and cherished, can lead to so many benefits. (I was going to pepper this entry with a bunch of links confirming everything I'm saying, but the evidence is so ubiquitous, why bother [ok, I couldn't resist. Here are some I have discussed with my kids; The benefit of group runs. Exercise in moderation. Exercise to increase brain power. {I understand that on the surface some of these articles are about exercise in general, but at their roots are running.}]).

Ok, I'm actually getting off topic. I wanted to talk about my running. Running is one of my favoritest things. When I don't run I'm not as happy as when I do, its a simple as that. I was avoiding running because of my injury. Even though I had a legit reason to abstain, I was not happy. When I don't run I feel lazy and fat. When I do run I feel energetic and slim. When I don't run I don't enjoy my food and I tend to eat poorly. When I do run I love every bite and I eat well.

If you need additional evidence of how much I love running, this picture should speak for itself.



I hope you can find a desirable activity that makes you happy and keeps you healthy. If you haven't, found one yet, spend some time asking around and trying different things. If you have, tell me about it...I would love to tell you why you should drop it and start running!


yay, i finally blogged about one of the things in my blog name! keep up the good work J!

No comments:

Post a Comment